Solid Waste

, Solid Waste Coordinator

110 N. Main Street
Morgantown, KY 42261

Phone: (270) 526-3433
Fax: (270) 526-5001

The Butler County Solid Waste Office directs the Butler County Litter Abatement and Clean Up programs. The office can also be of service to any citizen who wishes to dispose of old applicances, leftover paint, oil, antifreeze, and abandoned cars or has questions about other solid waste issues.

How do I get rid of oil or antifreeze?

If you have oil to dispose of oil or antifreeze the AutoZone Stores and Quick Lube in Bowling Green will accept up to 5 gallons of used oil per week per person at no charge or fee and they will recycle it.

Citizens wishing to dispose of antifreeze in an environmentally safe manner and can bring it to both the Butler County Road Departments; both recycle it for use in their equipment.

How do I dispose of leftover paint?

Leftover paint is a common problem, but it can easily be disposed of in your garbage if it is a solid.

Simply remove the lid of the can to air-dry the paint. You may need to add kitty litter, paint hardener or other drying agents to the paint to allow it to dry faster. Once the paint is a solid, you may throw it away with your regular garbage. Be sure to leave the lid off the can to show the waste hauler that the paint is dry.​

Solid Waste